January 4-6, 2018
Orangeburg, South Carolina
About Grand American
Two Nite Hunts, One Bench Show (held over two days)
Often viewed as the kick-off to the UKC coonhound events calendar, the Grand American is the first major event of 2018, taking place January 4-6 in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Presented by American Cooner magazine, the Grand American is a nationally-known event that features skilled hounds from all over the country. The coonhound community is proud to offer this family-friendly event, where attendees can shop a variety of vendors, catch up with old friends, and make new ones!
2018 results will be posted here!
(0) recent results found
Coon Fest! Free to all early arrivals on Thursday, January 4 beginning at 2:30 p.m.
Featuring: Food, Country Music, Entertainment and Door Prizes
Opening Ceremonies will be Friday, January 5, 2017 beginning at 10 a.m. in the Bates Building.
There will be a hunt-off following Saturday nights hunt to crown the Grand American Champion.
Double cast winners will advance to the final four. If more than four double cast winners, then top four with highest combined final score will advance. If less, then highest score dog(s) from either night will advance. Must hunt both nights to be eligible for Final Four.
Nite Hunt Entry Rules
- UKC and Grand American reserve the right to assign observers to any cast.
- All guides must be residents of South Carolina and members of a participating club.
- Any cast that becomes separated must return to the Fairgrounds or be scratched.
Send Hunt Entries to:
314 Alexander Road
Whitmire SC 29178
Pending UKC Confirmation
Two Day Event and entries taken in the Bates Building.
Friday, January 5: 8 - 10 a.m. for Registered, Dual Champions & Pairs
Saturday, January 6: 8 - 10 a.m. for Champions, Grand Champions & Overall
Bench Show Deadline: Friday & Saturday 10 a.m.
Entry Fee: $20
Saturday, Free Kiddy Bench Show for children under 12 years old: 10 a.m.
Pending UKC Confirmation
Saturday, January 6
Entries will be taken from 8 - 10 a.m.
Deadline: 10 a.m.
Entry Fee: $15
Friday and Saturday at 1 p.m.
Entry Fee: $5
- Top 20 Payout! Number of entries X $5 / 20 each night.
- First Place: Overall - $1,000, Tri-Tronics Trashbreaker, Regal Dog Box, Bright Eyes Light, custom embroidered jacket from Dans Hunting Gear, Garmin System from Garmin, and gift certificate from GTs.
- Second place: $500, Bright Eyes Light, dog box from Woods and Water, Marshall Tracking System, custom embroidered jacket from Dans Hunting Gear, and gift certificate from GTs.
- Third place: $300, Bright Eyes Light, dog box from KJ Kennels & Supplies, Garmin System from Valley Creek Hunting Supply, custom embroidered jacket from Dans Hunting Gear, and gift certificate from GTs.
- Fourth place: $200, Bright Eyes Light, custom embroidered jacket from Dans Hunting Gear, dog box from Big River Hunting Supply, and gift certificate from GTs.
- The High Scoring Dog both nights will receive a Predater II light from Nite-Time Hunting & Pet Supplies.
- Each of the Final Four winners will be receiving a pair of boots from Yoder Nylon.
- Overall Show Winner receives Regal Dog Box donated by Regal, and a custom embroidered jacket from Dans Hunting Gear.
- Dual Champion Show Winner receives a light from Valley Creek.
Notes & Reminders
- Advanced Entries $35 each night.
- All Nite Hunt entries must be postmarked no later than December 10, 2017.
- Absolutely no entries taken on grounds.
- First 350 advanced entries per night, then dogs go on to the waiting list.
- You must bring your UKC Easy Entry Card or Registration Certificate to confirm entry.
- Grand American reserves the right to refuse entry or to remove any dog or person from grounds.
Call after 3 p.m. during the week
Dog Dealers: Barn spaces must be paid in advance. All money must be received by December 30, 2017. No spots will be held without payment. Send check or money order to Randy Riser, 122 Riser Road, Waterloo SC 29384. 864.677.3368 After 5 p.m. Make payable to Grand American CHA.
Supply Vendor information contact:
Roger Enlow (864) 923-5431 Call after 4:30 p.m.
Grand American Barn (803) 534-5707
Camper Hookups please mail a $30 deposit and information to:
Orangeburg County Fairgrounds
PO Box 726, Orangeburg SC 29116-0726
Call 803.534.0358 for more information. All dogs on grounds must have proof of rabies vaccination. Fairgrounds and barns will be open Thursday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Parking $5 a day per vehicle. Dogs on ground for sale $30 per 15 x 30 space. Absolutely no bulldogs of any age, breed, or type allowed on grounds!
Lazer Light Company
Woods and Water of Chapin, South Carolina
Derrick Equipment Company
The Dog Food Center
Big River Hunting Supply