Single Registration Requirements : Japanese Akita
For a dog that is not already registered with UKC and whose parents are not both UKC registered, we offer Single Registration
Rules For Single Registration
- Completed UKC Application for Single Registration
- Copy of your dog’s registration certificate from a UKC acknowledged registry.
- A Japanese Akita is defined by the following criteria: (a) all ancestors in a three generation pedigree are registered with the Japanese Kennel Club and/or Akita Inu Hozonkai (AKIHO) as a Japanese Akita or trace all their ancestry back to such dogs OR (b) all ancestors in a three generation pedigree were registered as a Japanese Akita within a registry created by an FCI Kennel Club since their recognition in October 1998, the Kennel Club (UK) since 2006, the United Kennel Club since 2012, OR (c) it has a three generation pedigree which is a combination of the above, provided all eight great-grandparents are either as specified in (a) or (b).
- Three color photographs. One photo should be taken of each side and one from the front. The dog must be standing in all photos. The photos must be clear enough to see all distinguishing marks the dog may have and the tail must also be clearly visible. Photos that are emailed must be in a jpeg or PDF file format.
- Single Registration fee of $35.00
Normal processing time is 10 business days not including mail time. Most major credit cards accepted.
How To Submit
Papers in the Mail?
Please use a trackable shipping method. Track your shipment here:
Papers at UKC?
We are currently processing registration applications that were received as of December 17, 2018. Processing can take 7-10 days from receipt.
Questions About Status?
Call UKC at 269.343.9020 or email UKC Registration.