Virginia Classic Safety Guidelines
October 20, 2020
The safety guidelines are for UKC Virginia Classic
- The show will be in Hall D of the Virginia Beach Convention Center. This hall has exterior doors on the west side of the building. There will be 2 entrance doors and 2 exit doors. The show starts at 9 a.m. Only the dogs and participates will be allowed to enter when their group is showing.
- Exhibitors will complete a questionnaire upon arrival at the event site each day regarding symptoms of COVID-19. Exhibitors must sign the questionnaire indicating that they have no symptoms in order to participate in the event that day. Once the form is signed, a wrist band most be worn, with a different color wristband for each day.
- All entries will be pre-entry only. Day of show entries will not be taken. Entries will be limited to 175 dogs per Conformation judge and 120 entries for Rally obedience and Weight Pull.
- All conformation, Rally and Weight Pull areas will be spread out across the Exhibit Hall. Aisles will be a minimum of 15 feet to easily allow for two-way traffic. Ring locations and assignments will be posted in the Judging Program for easy access.
- Crating will be for the dogs showing at that time. Only the people showing at that time will be permitted in the building. At other times, crating and grooming space will be outdoors. There will be plenty of space for personal canopies and parking for those who wish to work out of their vehicles. Grooming and crating tents will not be provided during the hours of the show.
- Participants under the age of 18 may be accompanied by one adult.
- Exhibitors, judges, stewards, and UKC staff will be required to wear nose-and-mouth covering for the duration of the event per the state guidelines and the rules of the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Hand sanitizing stations will be at the stewards table.
- 6-foot increments will be marked inside and outside the conformation rings so appropriate distance may be maintained while competing and while waiting on-deck.
- Rings will have separate entrance and exit points.
- Rally stewards will sanitize their hands before each course change. All items will be cleaned between each class. Warm up ring for Rally will be set up One exhibitor at a time. Only one practice before class.
- In the event that the Virginia Classic cannot be held because of an unforeseen change in Virginias executive orders, entry fees will be refunded.
- The following signs will be posted at each ring entrance on behalf of our judges:
PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING THE RING
I am wearing a face covering for YOUR protection.
I will only examine an entry with a handler with a face covering for MY protection.
I will announce when I plan to be within 6 feet of an entry. Thank you for exhibiting and respecting our mutual heath concerns.
Thank you for reading this important list. We look forward to having a safe event. See you soon!
Guided by the belief that dogs make a difference by being the best partner a human can have in the field, on the job, or in a competition event, UKC is a community for people and dogs to pursue excellence together. Founded in 1898, UKC has been dedicated to enhancing the lives of Dogs That Do More, and their owners, by providing essential resources to help owners and breeders make informed decisions. The dog-human bond is celebrated through family-friendly programs highlighting the instincts and heritage of purebred and mixed-breed dogs alike at over 15,000 licensed events annually.