Wanted! Nosework Clubs & Judges - Do You Have What It Takes?
All New Nosework Incentives Will Help You Contibute To The Sport You Love
September 13, 2021
Source: Karen Shivers, UKC Nosework Program Manager
Club Incentives - Add Nosework!
- Obedience Clubs (Regular Status): Once an obedience club offers at least four Master Obedience classes, wave the requirements to become Nosework club and grant Provisional status.
- Rally Clubs (Regular Status): Wave the membership requirements. Rally clubs must host their Nosework matches.
- Send a Nosework Kit to all existing clubs that apply and are accepted to add Nosework.
And that's just the beginning. Read the full document here:
New Judge Incentives
Did you know? UKC will waive the club application/licensing fee for trials where Provisional judges are judging for the first time. Each year a licensed Nosework club sponsors a member of their club that has shown outstanding abilities in the sport of Nosework. A detailed letter of recommendation will then be considered for that club member to be allowed to move forward, take, and pass the judges test, and become a provisional Nosework judge without completing the apprentice program. In addition, the candidate must have at least earned 10 education points.
- New! Earn Education Points in lieu EN title
- New! UKC Offer specialized judges licenses. Judge up to the level in which you have titled a dog.
Read the full document here for full details:
Learn More about UKC Nosework
Guided by the belief that dogs make a difference by being the best partner a human can have in the field, on the job, or in a competition event, UKC is a community for people and dogs to pursue excellence together. Founded in 1898, UKC has been dedicated to enhancing the lives of Dogs That Do More, and their owners, by providing essential resources to help owners and breeders make informed decisions. The dog-human bond is celebrated through family-friendly programs highlighting the instincts and heritage of purebred and mixed-breed dogs alike at over 15,000 licensed events annually.