United Kennel Club Findings and Action Regarding 2017 World Coonhound Championship Nite Hunt
December 4, 2017
On December 1, 2017, United Kennel Club issued its Findings and Action Regarding 2017 World Coonhound Championship Nite Hunt. A copy of the Findings and Actions was provided to the individuals directly involved with Cast 4 at Zone 6 Qualifying Event, held on Saturday, September 16, 2017.
UKC has determined that the Scorecard submitted to the Presiding Master of Hounds for Cast 4 of the Zone 6 Qualifying Event on Saturday, September 16, 2017 was falsified. Accordingly, the results of the 2017 World Championship Hunt were declared void and invalid. All awards and recognition previously given to Participants in the 2017 World Championship Hunt were rescinded. UKC will conduct a Re-Hunt in which every Cast and dog affected by the submission of the falsified Scorecard for Cast 4 of the Zone 6 Qualifying Event held on Saturday, September 16, 2017, will be invited to participate. The Re-Hunt will be held over three consecutive nights in Elberton, Georgia, on December 14, 15, & 16, 2017. UKC will provide notification to the owners of the affected dogs that will be eligible and invited to participate in the Re-Hunt.
The format of the Re-Hunt is as follows:
1. The next dog eligible to advance from Zone 6 to the Finals will be entered in Round 1 Cast #12. This cast will hunt for two hours. A total score of plus points is required for the cast winner to advance to Round 2.
Round 1 Thursday Cast #12
1. CH GRNITECH PR Whites Little Queenie, 5TWF, David Penley, Taylorsville, NC
2. 'PR' Foggy Mountain Stone, 2TWM, Randy or Hayse Bentley, Wallingford, KY
3. GRNITECH 'PR' Wootens Ohio River Storm, 6TWM, Irvin or Brian Sutton, Campbellsburg, IN
4. GRNITECH 'PR' Deeper South Molly, 6TWF, Dan Walker, Scranton, IA
2. The winner of Cast #12 will hunt alone, for up to two hours, in Round 2. The dog must tree a raccoon and have a total score of plus points in order to advance to Round 3. If the dog meets the requirements of Round 2, that dog will be entered in Round 3 Cast #1.
Round 2 Thursday (Alone Round)
1.The winner of Round 1 Cast #12.
3. Round 3 Cast #1 will hunt for two hours. A total score of plus points is required for the cast winner to advance to the Final Cast. The scores of this cast will determine 4th 13th placements of the 2017 World Championship Finals.
Round 3 Friday Cast #1
1. The winner of Round 2
2. GRNITECH 'PR' Lay 'Em Up High Hopes Jade, 6TWF, Wyatt Wright III, Wedowee, AL
3. GRNITECH 'PR' Handsome Tucker, 8TWM, Nick Brady or Phil Peterson, Buckhannon, WV
4. GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' Redneck Backwoods Shack, 4TWM, Cheyenne Cummings, Seneca, MO
4. The Final Cast may consist of up to three dogs. This cast will hunt for two hours. The winner of this cast will be named the 2017 UKC World Nite Hunt Champion. The other two dogs will place second or third, based on their score in this cast. World Championship Rule #22 will apply in the event no dog has a total score of plus points at the conclusion of the two-hour hunt.
Final Cast Saturday
1. The winner of Round 3 Cast #1
2. CH GRNITECH 'PR' Nelson's Northern Roxanne, 7B&TF, Patrick Stewart or Bobby Talley, Woodville, AL
3. GRNITECH 'PR' Smith & Strang's Lone Pine M$ Baby, 3TWF, Randy Smith or Tom Strang, Kittanning, PA
A Kalamazoo, Michigan-based company founded in 1898, United Kennel Club is the largest all-breed performance-dog registry in the world, registering dogs from all 50 states and 25 foreign countries. Celebrating the unique Total Dog philosophy, UKC events highlight the instincts and heritage of dogs that look and perform equally well, as more than 60 percent of its annually licensed events are tests of hunting ability, training, and instinct. United Kennel Club prides itself on its family-oriented, friendly, educational events, welcoming both purebred dogs and dogs of unknown ancestry.