The rules for Single Registration for this breed are as follows:
1. Completed UKC Application for Single Registration
2. Copy of your dog’s registration certificate from a UKC acknowledged registry.
A Japanese Akita is defined by the following criteria: (a) all ancestors in a three-generation pedigree are registered with the Japanese Kennel Club and/or Akita Inu Hozonkai(AKIHO) as a Japanese Akita or trace all their ancestry back to such dogs OR (b) all ancestors in a three-generation pedigree were registered as a Japanese Akita within a registry created by an FCI Kennel Club since their recognition in October 1998 , the Kennel Club (UK) since 2006, the United Kennel Club since 2012, OR (c) it has a three-generation pedigree which is a combination of the above, provided all eight great-grandparents are either as specified in (a) or (b).
3. Three color photographs. One photo of each side of the dog and one photo of the front must be provided. Photographs should be of the dog in a standing position and on a solid surface.
4. Single Registration fee of $35.00
Mail the application, required documentation and payment to the UKC Home Office, Kalamazoo, MI address;
- or - Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org (a $35.00 EXPEDITED Processing Fee will apply to all emailed applications from within the Continental US)(faxed applications from outside the Continental US will be charged an automatic RUSH Service Fee of $25.00).
Normal processing time is 10 business days - not including mail time. - All major credit cards accepted.
Need help? Send us an email with your name, address, breed name and question,
we'll assist you through the entire registration process.