About UKC

Field Operations

Show Operations




Contact Us

We are currently processing registration applications that were received as of February 24, 2017.


What is the difference between “AND” vs “OR” partnerships?
How do I change the name of my dog?
What do I do when my dog passes away?
How do I change my address?
What happens if my dog has disqualifying faults?
Can I laminate my papers?
How do I change my name if I get married/divorced?
How do I replace lost or stolen papers?
What does “Purple Ribbon” mean?
Does UKC accept any non-U.S. funds?
How do I submit a complaint/dispute about someone?
Should all females be bred once?
Does breeding a female make her more docile?
What do the terms line breeding, inbreeding, outcrossing mean?
I have a male dog. How do I get people to breed their females to him?
Is it OK to do a brother/sister breeding?
When is a female too old to be bred? Male?

What Do I Do When My Dog Passes Away?

To record a dog as deceased, UKC must receive a signed, written statement from the current registrant of record. No information will be taken over the phone.

UKC requests the Original Registration Certificate be returned to us with "Deceased" written on the front and a date we should use as reference in our records. If the current registrant should wish to keep the original certificate for sentimental reasons, or has lost the certificate, the current registrant(s) can submit a written and signed statement with the UKC number of the dog indicating the dog is deceased and a date. The statement must be signed by both registrants, regardless of whether the dog is owned in an 'and' or an 'or' partnership.

UKC will register/transfer a deceased dog only if that registration is to facilitate the litter or single registration of that dog's offspring. All fees apply and the papers will be immediately marked as deceased. The registrant must also submit a written, signed statement that fully explains the situation.