About UKC

Field Operations

Show Operations




Contact Us

We are currently processing registration applications that were received as of February 17, 2017.


What is the difference between “AND” vs “OR” partnerships?
How do I change the name of my dog?
What do I do when my dog passes away?
How do I change my address?
What happens if my dog has disqualifying faults?
Can I laminate my papers?
How do I change my name if I get married/divorced?
How do I replace lost or stolen papers?
What does “Purple Ribbon” mean?
Does UKC accept any non-U.S. funds?
How do I submit a complaint/dispute about someone?
Should all females be bred once?
Does breeding a female make her more docile?
What do the terms line breeding, inbreeding, outcrossing mean?
I have a male dog. How do I get people to breed their females to him?
Is it OK to do a brother/sister breeding?
When is a female too old to be bred? Male?

How do I replace lost or stolen papers?

If a dog's original registration certificate has been lost, stolen or destroyed, the dog's current Owner of Record can request replacement papers. Only the registered owner of a dog may apply for duplicate papers. See: Application for Duplicate Registration.

Unfortunately because the "ownership" of a dog is considered a civil matter, in the case a dog or registration papers are stolen, owners may want to consider seeking legal assistance to determine how to pursue their rights in a court of law. UKC will uphold all decisions made in a court of law once documentation has been provided.