About UKC

Field Operations

Show Operations




Contact Us

We are currently processing registration applications that were received as of February 21, 2017.


What is the difference between “AND” vs “OR” partnerships?
How do I change the name of my dog?
What do I do when my dog passes away?
How do I change my address?
What happens if my dog has disqualifying faults?
Can I laminate my papers?
How do I change my name if I get married/divorced?
How do I replace lost or stolen papers?
What does “Purple Ribbon” mean?
Does UKC accept any non-U.S. funds?
How do I submit a complaint/dispute about someone?
Should all females be bred once?
Does breeding a female make her more docile?
What do the terms line breeding, inbreeding, outcrossing mean?
I have a male dog. How do I get people to breed their females to him?
Is it OK to do a brother/sister breeding?
When is a female too old to be bred? Male?

Can I laminate my papers?

UKC strongly advises a dog's registrant to NOT laminate their Original UKC registration certificate. This hinders the ability of a current registrant to sign the back and transfer the dog to another person.

If the certificate is laminated, the new registrant can submit the original registration certificate, a written and signed statement from current registrant(s) of record authorizing the dog to be transferred. This statement MUST include the name and UKC # of the dog, the purchase date for the new registrant, the name and address of the new registrant (and co-registrant), the new name of the dog (if applicable) and the name and signature of the current registrant(s).

An Affidavit and additional fee are NOT required to transfer a dog using laminated papers (12/12/07)