About UKC

Field Operations

Show Operations




Contact Us

We are currently processing registration applications that were received as of February 21, 2017.


What is the difference between “AND” vs “OR” partnerships?
How do I change the name of my dog?
What do I do when my dog passes away?
How do I change my address?
What happens if my dog has disqualifying faults?
Can I laminate my papers?
How do I change my name if I get married/divorced?
How do I replace lost or stolen papers?
What does “Purple Ribbon” mean?
Does UKC accept any non-U.S. funds?
How do I submit a complaint/dispute about someone?
Should all females be bred once?
Does breeding a female make her more docile?
What do the terms line breeding, inbreeding, outcrossing mean?
I have a male dog. How do I get people to breed their females to him?
Is it OK to do a brother/sister breeding?
When is a female too old to be bred? Male?

How do I change my name if I get married/divorced?

UKC must receive legal documentation in order to update the name of a dog's registrant, due to marriage or divorce.

If the registrant has had a legal name change due to marriage or divorce, a signed statement must be submitted by registrant of record confirming UKC is to recognize the registrant under the new name. This statement must be accompanied by a copy of the marriage/divorce certification.

To update a dog's UKC registration certificate to show the changed name of the registrant, return the Original UKC registration certificate with a signed statement and corresponding marriage/divorce documentation and a fee of $20.00 per paper to update and reprint.