A dog registered with UKC will have either an Application for Permanent Registration
............................................................. .- or - Permanent Registration Certificate
For an American Pit Bull Terrier that is not already registered with UKC and whose parents are not both UKC registered, we offer Single Registration.
The rules for Single Registration for this breed are as follows:
As of July 15, 2013 American Pit Bull Terrier Single Registration is open.
The general requirements for consideration for American Pit Bull Terrier Single Registration are as follows:
1. Completed UKC Application for American Pit Bull Terrier Single Registration
2. The dog must be at least six months of age
3. Photocopy of the dog’s registration certificate with a UKC acknowledged registry:
- the AKC (American Kennel Club), (these dogs would be currently registered as American Staffordshire Terrier);
- the Canadian Kennel Club, (these dogs would be currently registered as an American Staffordshire Terrier);
- the ADBA (American Dog Breeders Association);
- any FCI affiliated registry
**Dogs with UKC registered parents do not need to provide proof of registration but should provide UKC registration numbers for the sire and dam.
4. The dog's three generation pedigree, if available. The pedigree will show “open” for any unknown dogs. You may handwrite your dog’s three generation pedigree; however UKC is not responsible for errors caused by illegible handwriting.
5. Three color photographs. One photo should be taken of each side and one from the front. The dog must be standing in all photos. The photos must be clear enough to see all distinguishing marks the dog may have and the tail must also be clearly visible. Photos that are e-mailed must be in a jpeg or PDF file format.
6. The fee for Single Registration is $50.00 ($35.00 for registration and $15.00 for processing and handling). The $15.00 processing and handling fee is non-refundable as it is the application fee.
Please remember that the application is being submitted for consideration and is no guarantee of Permanent Registration with United Kennel Club.
Please feel free to contact our office at 269-343-9020 or APBTSingle@ukcdogs.com with any questions.