Position: Dog Events Representative
Entry Level, Full Time - Data Entry
401k, Vacation, Health Benefits
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Education Required: High School Diploma
This is an entry level position that is largely dependent on accurate and timely data entry skills. A successful candidate will be familiar with and proficient in all Microsoft Office programs and be able to type at least 50 words per minute with a 97% accuracy. In addition to data entry, this position requires candidates to answer phone calls, respond to emails and generate written correspondence on a daily basis. Applicants must be able to provide professional and courteous customer service in all methods of communication. Strong writing and multi-tasking abilities are necessary.
Candidates with experience exhibiting in, participating at or involved with any type of competitive dog event is desired, but not required. Candidates with dog experience will be given first priority.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
This position will function primarily as a supporting position for departmental staff. The position will be responsible for department emails, all department mailings, scanning documents, printing materials, processing department orders and handling moneys.
Secondary duties and responsibilities:
Process event reports requiring, but not limited to, the following job functions:
· Input data from event reports into internal databases
· Process high volume within specific time restraints
· Handle moneys
· Perform basic administrative duties
Other responsibilities: may include but are not limited to:
· Generate written correspondence
· Perform various customer service related duties
· Handle customer telephone calls
· All other duties assigned
Qualifications / Work Experience:
· Must be able to type fifty (50) words per minute with 97% accuracy.
· Familiar with data entry processes
· Must be MS Office proficient
· High School diploma is required
· Ability to exercise good judgment and work independently with high work standards.
Skills and Knowledge required for the position:
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Able to respond to upset or overly emotional customers, calmly and effectively
· Able to multitask and adapt to change
· Problem solving ability
· Dependable and punctual
· Team player with positive attitude
Please send resume and cover letter to Sydney Suwannarat at Sydneys@ukcdogs.com
Mail resume and cover letter to:
United Kennel Club
Attn: Sydney Suwannarat
100 E. Kilgore Rd.
Kalamazoo, MI 49002