12717 Woods Lake Rd,
Monroe WA 98272,
Chief Ring Steward:
RV Parking and Vendor:
Awards and Trophies:
Crating & Grooming area will be outdoors.
Please remember to keep all grooming to a minimum per UKC rules
Friday, June 27, Saturday,
June 28, & Sunday,
June 29, 2014
All Events held at
Argus Ranch, 35612 212th Way SE,
Auburn, WA 98092
6 UKC Licensed Multi-Breed Conformation Shows
6 UKC Licensed Multi-Breed Altered
2 Obedience Trials, 2 Rally Obedience Trials,
and 3 Agility Trials
Hosted by the Puget Sound K-9s
and United Kennel Club
Day of Show contact number –
JoAnne Mulligan (360) 421-8797
Temporary Listing Numbers
will be available at these events.
Conformation: Regular and Altered Classes will be offered for all recognized eligible breeds in the following groups: Guardian Dog, Scenthound, Sighthound & Pariah Dog, Gun Dog, Northern, Herding (No BSD), Terrier and Companion.
|GROUP||Fri S1||Fri S2||Sat S1||Sat S2||Sun S1||Sun S2|
|Guardian||Nina Marie Sherrer||Richard Klatt||Karen Shivers||Mark Golden||Daryl Turner||Sandra Phillips|
|Scent||Nina Marie Sherrer||Richard Klatt||Karen Shivers||Mark Golden||Daryl Turner||Sandra Phillips|
|Sight||Nina Marie Sherrer||Richard Klatt||Karen Shivers||Mark Golden||Daryl Turner||Sandra Phillips|
|Gun||Nina Marie Sherrer||Richard Klatt||Karen Shivers||Mark Golden||Daryl Turner||Sandra Phillips|
|North||Nina Marie Sherrer||Richard Klatt||Karen Shivers||Mark Golden||Daryl Turner (except AE)||Sandra Phillips|
|Herd||Nina Marie Sherrer||Richard Klatt||Karen Shivers||Mark Golden||Daryl Turner||Sandra Phillips|
|BSD||Not offered||Not offered||Not offered||Not offered||Not offered||Not offered|
|Terr||Nina Marie Sherrer||Richard Klatt||Karen Shivers||Mark Golden||Daryl Turner||Sandra Phillips|
|Comp||Nina Marie Sherrer||Richard Klatt||Karen Shivers||Mark Golden||Daryl Turner||Sandra Phillips|
|Jr Show||Nina Marie Sherrer||Richard Klatt||Karen Shivers||Mark Golden||Daryl Turner||Sandra Phillips|
|AGILITY||Manuela McGree||Not offered||Manuela McGree||Manuela McGree||Not offered||Not offered|
|OBED||Not offered||Not offered||Not offered||Not offered||Karen Shivers||Karen Shivers|
|RALLY||Karen Shivers||Karen Shivers||Not offered||Not offered||Not offered||Not offered|
Best In Show Judges: To be announced day of show. Note: Judging order of breeds will be determined by the Event Committee and posted following the close of Day of Show entries.
1. Grounds will be open to exhibitors by 5 p.m. Thursday. Overnight security is not provided and no dog(s) may be left in the building or unattended overnight.
2. All times are Pacific Time.
3. There will be absolutely NO SMOKING in all buildings and designated areas.
4. No general admission or parking fees.
ENTRY INFORMATION ELIGIBILITY
1. Dogs must be permanently registered with UKC, have a Temporary Listing (TL) number, or have a Limited Privilege (LP) listing number before the entry can be accepted. No exceptions will be made. Entries for ineligible dogs will be returned.
2. An unentered dog may not be substituted for an entered dog.
PRE-ENTRY. All Pre-Entries must be submitted by mail or hand delivered AND received by Susan Mulligan by June 15, 2014; 5 P.M. Pacific Time. NO preentries will be accepted by PSK-9s after that time. Entries received after the Pre-Entry deadline date will be charged Day-of-Show fees. NO EXCEPTIONS.
1. CONF: $20, GRCH: $15
2. OBED: $20
3. RALLY: $20
4. AGILITY: $20
5. Junior Showmanship: $10
6. Non-Licensed Classes: $10 Pre-Entry and Day of Show.
CONF, OBED, RALLY, AGILITY: $25, GRCH: $20, JS: $15
• MAIL PRE ENTRIES WITH FEES TO Susan Mulligan, 12717 Woods Lake Rd, Monroe WA 98272
Day Of Show Entry Times and Check-in. Conformation Show (CN), Obedience (OB), Rally (RO), Agility (AG).
(Early check in and entries will be taken on Thursday from 6-8:30 p.m. and on Friday/Saturday from 3-5 p.m.)
Friday: CN, RO, AG, OB: 6:30-7:30 a.m.
Saturday: CN, AG, OB: 6:30-7:30 a.m.
Sunday: CN, OB: 7-8 a.m.
SHOW & TRIAL TIMES
Friday S1/T1 – CN: 9 a.m., RO: 8:30 a.m., AG: After the conclusion of RO T1
Friday S2/T2– CN: 10 a.m., RO: 10 a.m. or after the conclusion of T1
Saturday S1/T1 – CN: 9 a.m., AG: 9 a.m.
Saturday S2/T2 – CN: 10 a.m., AG: following Trial1
Sunday – S1/T1 – CN: 9 a.m., OB: 8 a.m.
Sunday – S2/T2 – CN: 10 a.m., OB: following Trial1. Order is Utility T1, Open T1, Utility T2, Open T2, Novice T1, Novice T2.
• SUBMITTING ENTRIES
1. Entries must be submitted on an official UKC Entry Form.
2. Downloaded copies or photocopies of the Entry Form may be used.
3. Pre-Entries may be mailed or hand-delivered to Event Secretary.
4. Mailed Entries must include all fees. Mailed entries received without fees will not be accepted.
5. Conditional Entries. Entry’s that specify any condition for its acceptance into this event will not be accepted.
1. Pre Entry Payment may be made by check or money order only.
2. Day of Show Entry Payment must be made by cash, check, or money order.
3. No entry will be accepted without payment.
4. For Pre Entries, make checks and money orders payable to “PSK-9s.” For Day-of-Show Entries, make checks and money orders payable to “PSK-9s”. Checks and money orders must be payable in U.S. funds.
5. Post-dated checks and returned checks do not constitute valid entry fees. PSK-9s will add a collection fee to the amount of each returned check or money order. Exhibitors who repeatedly submit invalid entry fees may be put on a CASH ONLY basis.
1. No refund of entry fees will be made for entries cancelled after the Pre-Entry deadline, except in the cases of bitches that come into season and are entered in Rally events. In those cases, refunds may be obtained by providing Puget Sound K-9s (Event Secretary) with a veterinarian’s certificate verifying that the bitch came into season after the Pre-Entry closing date. The certificate may be mailed, provided the postmark is no later than the date prior to the day of the pull or trial, or delivered by hand to the Event Secretary before the start of the pull or trial.
2. Entry fees shall not be refunded in the event that a dog is absent, disqualified, excused by Veterinarian or Judge, or barred from competition by action of Event Committee.
3. If, because of riots, civil disturbances, or other acts beyond the control of the host organization it is impossible to open or to complete a show or trial, no refund of entry fee will be made.
4. Every effort will be made to find all duplicate entries before processing. If a duplicate entry is processed, however, no refund will be made.
5. Overpayment of $10 or less will not be refunded and will be donated to the Classic Trophy fund.
6. If, in the opinion of the host club, the well-being of dogs, exhibitors or spectators is at risk due to extreme weather conditions, such as, but not limited to snow storms, hurricanes, lightning, or extreme heat, the host club may cancel or stop a show or trial before completion. No refunds will be made in such cases.
7. No refunds of entry fees will be made for any entries that are subsequently invalidated by UKC.
8. No refund of entries will be made for entries that are submitted with errors or incorrect information such as but not limited to:
a. Dog / owner information.
b. Entering dog into wrong event / class.
c. Entering dog into an event for which it is not eligible.
d. Entering dog(s) into an event that they were not intended to be entered in. NO EXCEPTIONS
1. Written confirmation of entries will be made by mail or email as soon as practicable after receipt of Pre Entries. If you do not receive your confirmation by the Monday preceding these events, please notify the Event Secretary.
• CLASS CHANGE/CORRECTION OF ENTRY
1. Owners are responsible for the accuracy of information in the entry forms, regardless of who may make such errors. Owners and exhibitors are responsible for correcting any errors in their entry.
2. Dogs that, according to their owners’ records, have completed the requirements for a title after the closing of entries, may be transferred from the entered class to another class for which the dog is now eligible, provided that a request for transfer is made in writing to hosting club not later than 30 minutes prior to the start of regular judging at the show.
3. All other corrections to entries must be made in writing to the Event Secretary not later than 30 minutes prior to the start of any regular judging at the show.
4. No substitutions of dogs will be allowed without prior approval of the Event Secretary.
Your armbands will be available at the check-in table. If you do not receive your confirmation of entry, see the Event Secretary on the morning of the show (during entry times is preferred).
SCHEDULING CONFLICTS FOR DOGS COMPETING IN MULTIPLE EVENTS
1. Exhibitors are responsible for being available for judging at the scheduled time.
2. Every possible effort will be made to accommodate exhibitors who have dogs entered in multiple events, but judges are not required to wait for dogs. Exhibitors are advised to pick up their armbands as early as possible and to notify stewards in all rings affected by the conflict so that judges may more easily work around any conflicts.
3. If the Exhibitor has a conflict, Conformation takes priority over Obedience, Rally Obedience, and Agility.
4 When there is a conflict, the exhibitor should inform the judge/steward ahead of time of a possible conflict and make every effort to be available for judging prior to conclusion of the class. However, if an exhibitor misses a scheduled judging time (for a performance event), the judge has the discretion to allow that exhibitor to run at the end of the class. Though, if the judging of the specific class has been completed the exhibitor shall not be eligible to compete and will be marked absent. The judge’s decision is final.
LICENSED CLASSES. See entry form instructions (#1A; 1B and/or 1C) for licensed classes offered at these events.
Junior Showmanship shall consist of the following classes
1. Pee-Wee. 2 years and under 4 years of age.
2. Sub-Junior. 4 years and under 6 years of age.
3. Pre-Junior. 6 years and under 8 years of age.
4. Junior Classes. 8 years and under 13 years of age.
- a. Novice Junior. This class is for true beginners of the sport. A junior member may compete at the novice level until they are awarded a Best Junior Handler award over an open junior or open senior. Once a junior handler competing in the novice classes defeats another junior handler from the open classes for a Best Junior Handler award they must move into the open class for the next event.
b. Open Junior. This class is for any junior handler who meets the age requirements. However once a junior handler has competed in this class, they are ineligible to compete at the novice level.
- a. Novice Senior. This class is for true beginners of the sport. A junior handler may compete at the novice level until they are awarded a Best Junior Handler award over an open junior or open senior. Once a junior handler competing in the novice classes defeats another junior handler
from the open classes for a Best Junior Handler award they must move into the open classes for the next event.
b. Open Senior. This class is for any senior handler who meets the age requirements. However once a junior handler has competed in this class, they are ineligible to compete at the novice level.
Best Junior Handler: Best Junior Handler class shall consist of the first place winner from the Novice Junior class, the Open Junior Class, the Novice Senior Class and the Open Senior Class.
1. Males judged before Females.
2. Points are awarded to the winners of the following classes offered for UKCrecognized breeds that are eligible for conformation: Puppy, Junior, Intermediate (Senior), Adult, and Breeder/Handler, Best Male of Variety, Best Male, Best Female of Variety, Best Female, and Best of Winners.
NON-LICENSED CLASSES. The following non-licensed classes are offered at these events. When non-licensed classes are offered, they must be run in accordance with the procedures outlined in the current Official UKC Rules and Regulations.
1 Novice Puppy Classes: will be offered at Show 1 & 2 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
2. Veteran Classes. Veteran classes will be offered in Show 2 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
3. Group Competition (Regular): The following Groups will be offered: Guardian, Scenthound, Sighthound & Pariah Dog, Gun Dog, Northern Breed, Herding Dog, Terrier, and Companion Dog. Each Group shall include the Best of Breed winners from those breeds assigned to that specific Group in the Official UKC Rules and Regulations.
4. Best In Multi-Breed Show:
- a. A Best in Multi-Breed Show class will be offered, consisting of the 8 winners of the Regular Group classes. The Best in Multi-Breed Show may be judged by a single judge or a three-judge panel selected by the Event Committee.
b. An Altered Best in Multi Breed Show class will be offered, consisting of all the Best of Breed winners from all the Altered class dogs entered.
- a. After selecting the Best in Multi-Breed Show winner, the judge or judges’ panel shall select from the remaining dogs in the class a Reserve Best in Multi-Breed Show winner.
b. After selecting the Altered Best In Multi-Breed Show winner, the judge or judges panel shall select from the remaining dogs in the class a Reserve Best In Multi-Breed Show winner.
6. Total Dog Award: (Offered each day: June 27, June 28 and June 29.) To be eligible for a “Total Dog” award a dog must:
- a. On the eligible dates (see above), compete in regular conformation with competition and win one of the following classes: Best Male/Female of Variety, Best Male/Female, Best of Winners, Champion, Grand Champion, Best of Breed, Group 1 through 4 (providing the group placement has competition, Best in Show or Reserve Best In Show, and
b. On the same day, earn a qualifying score in a performance event.
Total Junior Award. (Offered each day: June 27, June 28 and June 29.) To be eligible for a “Total Junior” award a junior must:
- a. Compete in a UKC Junior Showmanship Licensed class and earn a 1st-4th placement or an Award of Merit*. Licensed classes include Novice
Junior, Novice Senior, Open Junior and Open Senior.
- • 6 Junior Handlers in competition 1 AOM
• 9 Junior Handlers in competition 2 AOM
• 12 Junior Handlers in competition 3 AOM
• 15 Junior Handlers in competition 4 AOM
• 18 Junior Handlers in competition 5 AOM
• 21 Junior Handlers in competition 6 AOM
• 24 Junior Handlers in competition 7 AOM
• 27 Junior Handlers in competition 8 AOM
• 30 Junior Handlers in competition 9 AOM
• 33 Junior Handlers in competition 10 AOM
b. The Junior must also earn a qualifying score in any one performance event on the same day the conformation requirement was earned. Qualifying performance events are Agility, Dock Jumping, Lure Coursing (registered stakes only), Obedience, Rally Obedience, or Flat / Steeplechase Racing. Junior Handlers who meet the above requirements will receive a special “Total Junior” award.
• CLASSIC JUDGES NAMES & LOCATION
Mark Golden, Fresno CA
Richard Klatt, Worth IL
Manuela McGee, Port Orchard, WA
Sandra Phillips, Fallon NV
Nina Marie Sherrer, Loveland CO
Karen Shivers, Blossom TX
Daryl Turner, Paradise CA
• EMERGENCY VETERINARIAN
After Hours Emergency Veterinary Clinic: Puget Sound Veterinary Referral Center, PLLC5608 South Durango St, Tacoma WA 98409 PH 253.474.0791
• ROUTE TO THE SHOW
Argus Ranch Facility for Dogs 35612 212th Way SE, Auburn WA 98092 253-333-2347 / Take I-5, I-405, SR-167 to Highway 18 eastbound. Take Auburn-Black Diamond Road eastbound exit. Turn Right onto Auburn Black Diamond Rd. Turn RIGHT onto SE Green Valley Road (just past Neely Mansion). Follow for about 7.5 miles. Turn RIGHT onto 212th Way SE. Go over bridge take First LEFT into Argus Ranch and follow drive straight ahead to Arena and parking.
Argus Ranch Facility for Dogs 35612 212th Way SE, Auburn WA 98092
NOTICE TO EXHIBITORS
There are to be no Xpens in the building, and Crates must be stacked (limited space). Dogs may not be left in soft sided crates unattended (soft sided crates are discouraged) or in crates that are open or unzippered. There will be no saving of floor/grooming/crating space. Large floor mats will not be allowed. All exhibitors are expected to abide by the UKC Rules and Regulations and to cooperate with grounds staff, stewards and club members of the host clubs.
1. All events are held under the Rules and Regulations of the United Kennel Club, Inc. By entering this show/trial, exhibitors acknowledge that they are familiar with the rules and regulations of this sport.
2. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs will be allowed on the grounds or in the buildings on the day of a UKC Licensed event.
3. It is expressly understood that exhibitors alone are responsible for the behavior of their dogs and/or children. Any exhibitor whose dogs and/or children create unnecessary disturbances or repeatedly engage in unsafe or disruptive behavior may, at the discretion of the Event Committee, be asked to leave the show site. In that case, no refund of any fees paid will be made.
4. UKC, Puget Sound K-9s, Argus Ranch, their agents, and their employees assume no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury sustained by spectators or by exhibitors, or to any of their dogs or property, and further assume no responsibility for injury to children not under the control of their parents or guardians. UKC, Puget Sound K-9s, and Argus Ranch are not responsible for loss, accidents or theft.
5. Dogs may arrive any time prior to their scheduled time of judging. Dogs not required for further judging will be excused.
6. The “No Smoking” rule will be strictly enforced in all buildings and areas so designated.
7. Exhibitors and dog owners are expected and required to clean up after their own dogs. Any person witnessing a violation of this rule must report it to the Event Committee. The Event Committee may ask any person violating this rule to leave the event grounds. No refund will be made if an exhibitor is asked to leave the grounds.
8. UKC will vigorously support any motel that files a complaint about exhibitors who fail to keep their dogs quiet or to clean up after them. In order that the bad conduct of a few exhibitors does not spoil it for the majority of responsible exhibitors, UKC will take strong disciplinary action against any offenders.
9. UKC encourages exhibitors to present their dogs with the least amount of grooming necessary to enable a Judge to properly compare each dog with the standard of its breed. Dogs should be clean, with nails cut to a length suitable for the dog to perform the work for which it was bred, and with clean teeth. The Judge’s determination that this rule has been violated shall be final. UKC enforces rules against artificially altering pigment and coat color, coat texture, and surgical alterations as outlined in the UKC Rules and Regulations.
10. Dogs may not be left unattended when crated in soft mesh crates. No dog may be left in an unlatched or unzippered crate.
11. Except when being judged or when crated, dogs must be kept on leash.