Amended July 16, 2013
Scroll down for link to TL Number application.
Entering a UKC Event. Dogs must be permanently registered, have a Performance Listing number (performance events & Junior Showmanship), or have a valid Temporary Listing Number.
Dogs not permanently registered. Dogs that are not permanently registered or have a UKC Performance Listing number must have a Temporary Listing number to enter into licensed events.
Rules applying to Temporary Listing (TL) Numbers. Temporary Listing numbers are only valid at events licensed by the Dog Events Department and the Pointing Dog events program. TL numbers may be purchased and issued at events listing availability in BLOODLINES and on the UKC website in “Upcoming Events”.
Temporary Listing numbers may also be purchased and issued on the same day by calling the Dog Events Department at UKC during regular business hours. All Temporary Listing Numbers are non-refundable, non-transferable, and do not apply to the cost of permanent registration or Performance Listing numbers.
Temporary Listing Numbers must be assigned before or on the show date. TL Numbers that are issued after the event will be considered invalid.
TL numbers are not valid for events that have already occurred.
TL numbers may be used to enter as many UKC events licensed by the Dog Events Department as the owner wishes before and until the dog is permanently registered or permanently listed with UKC.
TL numbers are no longer valid once a dog is permanently registered or permanently listed with UKC.
Dogs permanently registered that include the TL number on the application for registration will automatically have any wins posted to their permanent record.
Any wins, titles earned, Top Ten points, or All Star points will not reflect on the dog’s record until it is permanently registered/listed.
• Temporary Listing numbers are not valid for events held under the rules that govern licensed Coonhound or Beagle events.
A Temporary Listing (TL) number may be issued to:
* As of July 15, 2013 American Pitbull Terriers are eligible to receive Temporary Listing numbers.
1. Any purebred dog that is eligible for registration with UKC
2. Any spayed/neutered purebred dog that is ineligible for registration with UKC
3. Any spayed/neutered mixed-bred dog eligible to participate in UKC performance events.
4. Akbash Dog, Anatolian Shepherd, Epagneul Breton (French Brittany) and Kangal Dog may be issued a TL number but will not be eligible for permanent registration until 1 year of age.
Dogs INELIGIBLE for Temporary Listing (TL) numbers:
Any dog that meets the following criteria must not be issued a TL number.
· AMERICAN BULLY BREED
· ALASKAN KLEE KAI
· AMERICAN ESKIMO DOG
· ALL COONHOUND BREEDS
- - AMERICAN BLACK & TAN
- TREEING WALKER
- LEOPARD HOUND
- PLOTT HOUND
• A dog that has previously been issued a UKC permanent registration number
• A dog that has previously been issued a UKC Performance Listing number