Amended February 1, 2011
Entering a UKC Event. Dogs must be permanently registered, have a Limited Privilege number (performance events & Junior Showmanship), or have a valid Temporary Listing Number.
Dogs not permanently registered. Dogs that are not permanently registered or have a UKC Limited Privilege number must have a Temporary Listing number to enter into licensed events.
*Rules applying to Temporary Listing (TL) Numbers. Temporary Listing numbers are only valid at events licensed by the Dog Events Department and the Pointing Dog events program. TL numbers may be purchased and issued at events listing availability in BLOODLINES and on www.ukcdogs.com. Temporary Listing numbers may also be purchased and issued on the same day by calling the Dog Events Department at UKC during regular business hours. All Temporary Listing Numbers are non-refundable, non-transferable, and do not apply to the cost of permanent registration or Limited Privilege numbers. AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIERS ARE INELIGIBLE FOR TEMPORARY LISTING NUMBERS.
A Temporary Listing (TL) number may be issued to:
1. Any purebred dog that is eligible for registration with UKC
2. Any spayed/neutered purebred dog that is ineligible for registration with UKC
3. Any spayed/neutered mixed-bred dog eligible to participate in UKC performance events.
- a) Temporary Listing Numbers must be assigned before or on the show date. TL Numbers that are issued after the event will be considered invalid.
b) TL numbers are not valid for events that have already occurred.
*c) TL numbers may be used to enter as many UKC events licensed by the Dog Events Department as the owner wishes before and until the dog is permanently registered or permanently listed with UKC.
*d) TL numbers are no longer valid once a dog is permanently registered or permanently listed with UKC.
e) Dogs permanently registered that include the TL number on the application for registration will automatically have any wins posted to their permanent record.
f) Any wins, titles earned, Top Ten points, or All Star points will not reflect on the dog’s record until it is permanently registered.
- • A dog that has previously been issued a UKC permanent registration number;
• A dog that has previously been issued a UKC Limited Privilege number;
• American Eskimo Dogs, Havanese, Plott Hounds or Toy Fox Terriers that do not possess a UKC Application for Permanent Registration;
• American Black & Tan, Bluetick, English, Redbone, or Treeing Walker Coonhounds.
• *AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIERS ARE INELIGIBLE FOR TEMPORARY LISTING NUMBERS.
• Temporary Listing numbers are not valid for events held under the rules that govern licensed Coonhound or Beagle events;
*5. The following dogs that are not part of a UKC Registered Litter must be a minimum of 1 year of age before they are eligible for permanent registration with UKC. The dog may be issued a TL number for licensed events: Akbash Dog, Anatolian Shepherd, Epagneul Breton (French Brittany), and Kangal Dog.
*6. No Top Ten points or new titles will be awarded until a dog with a TL number has been permanently registered.