Revised January 1, 2003
United Kennel Club, Inc. realizes the importance of supporting charitable organizations and will help any club that is hosting a benefit event to raise money for recognized charities. UKC will donate license fees, recording fees and a quarter-page ad in COONHOUND BLOODLINES if the procedure and guidelines are followed:
1. UKC must be notified at least 90 days prior to the event that the club is requesting the event to be a benefit.
2. UKC must approve the name of the organization or charity that is to receive the proceeds.
3. No less than 75% of the total profit must be donated by the club to the charity.
4. The signed and completed Benefit Event Application must be received by United Kennel Club two months prior to the event, by the first of that month.
5. After your benefit has been approved, your club will be sent a Benefit Event Financial Statement. This statement must be completed and signed by the authorized recipient of the funds. This must be submitted to United Kennel Club within two weeks of the event in order to receive the donated fees and ad.
6. The quarter page ad must be submitted to COONHOUND BLOODLINES by the club in compliance with the appropriate deadline.
7. Clubs holding Annual Benefit Events must follow the procedure every year.