2014 WINTER CLASSIC RULES
|Important Bench Show Information|
The UKC Winter Classic Bench Show will be run over two days, Friday, January 24 and Saturday, January 25.
Friday’s Bench Show will include the Dual Champions, *2013 Top Ten Run-Off, Registered and Pairs classes. The Overall Dual Champion winner will come back on Saturday to compete for UKC Winter Classic Overall Champion. Saturday’s Bench Show will feature the Champion and Grand Champion classes, along with the crowning of the 2014 UKC Winter Classic Overall Champion.
*November 30, 2013 is the cutoff date for which 2013 Top Ten points may be earned. Official standings will be tabulated from licensed show reports received at UKC by December 17. Those individuals making the Top Ten will be notified by UKC of their eligibility to show in the Top Ten Run-Off on Friday at the Winter Classic. The winner for each breed will be considered Top Ten Best of Breed and will reserve the right to automatically advance to the All-Breed Top Ten competition at the 2014 UKC PREMIER.
|Nite Hunt Rules & Advanced Nite Hunt Entry Application|
1. Advanced Entries Only. All entries must be postmarked by midnight, January 4, 2014. No Nite Hunt entries will be taken at the fairgrounds.
2. 275 dogs will be pre-drawn for each night. Remaining entries will be placed on a “wait-list”. “Wait-list” entries will be used first to replace any pre-drawn no-shows. Additional casts will be drawn for remaining wait-listed entries provided guides are available.
3. Refund Policy: If a female comes in heat, another dog that is registered to the same individual may be substituted. No refunds. If a dog dies, the Registration Certificate may be turned in at the UKC registration desk. Another dog that is registered to the same individual may be substituted or a refund may be requested.
4. If a dog is injured and cannot hunt at the Winter Classic, the owner must present a letter from a veterinarian on veterinary stationary, and another dog that is registered to the same individual may be substituted. No refunds.
5. An entry fee of $30, payable to United Kennel Club, must accompany each Nite Hunt Advanced Entry. Certified checks, money orders or personal checks will be accepted.
6. Hunting Judges will be used on all casts.
7. Dogs must be run on night scheduled. Switching is not allowed.
8. Entries must be confirmed at the UKC registration desk by 2 p.m. (local time), on the night scheduled to hunt.
9. All dog sales and kennel promotions to be conducted in the Dog Barn under the direction of the official UKC attendant.
10. United Kennel Club and the host clubs are not responsible for loss, accidents or theft.
11. Absolutely NO alcoholic beverages, firearms, illegal drugs or gambling allowed on the grounds, or while participating in the hunt or in the buildings the day of a UKC licensed event.