UKC YOUTH ONLY HUNTING BEAGLE EVENTS
The UKC Youth Series Events are without a doubt one of the most positive and enjoyable events of the year. The focus for this event is sportsmanship, participation and fun. Thanks to the wonderful families and youth that participate in this sport, we have never failed yet to meet these goals.
Official UKC Licensed Youth Event Rules
Effective January 1, 2010
1. HANDLER ELIGIBILITY:
Hunt - Two (2) age divisions:
A: 5-12 years old
B: 13-17 years old
Bench Show - One (1) age division:
5-17 years old
Handler may be required to present proof of age to the entry taker. Only one handler per dog allowed. Handler must be enrolled in school or have completed the requirements for graduation from high school.
2. RULES FOR RUNNING THE EVENTS: UKC Hunting Beagle Honor Rules, as they apply in effect for the year the event is run, with special revisions for the option to the hunt being a one hour or two hour event. Only adult, non-hunting Judges, 18 years or older, will be used. Spectators cannot, by word of mouth or action, assist handler in calling dog. Judge can order the removal of a spectator from the cast and the woods for any reason. Children shall not be judged by their parents or members of their immediate family.
UKC Hunting Beagle Bench Rules apply to all licensed Youth Event bench shows. The height of show benches may be modified to accommodate youth handlers at the club’s discretion.
3. Any person intimidating, threatening, or injuring a hunter, Judge, Master of Hounds, Hunt Director, club official or UKC Representative: (a) Will be barred for one year up to life from participating in any way (including, but not limited to registrant, handler, back-up handler, Judge, guide, spectator, licensed Master of Hounds, Hunt Director and licensed Bench Show Judge) in any UKC licensed event; (b) Shall be disqualified from having any of their dogs receive any Championship points for one year up to life; and (c) Shall be barred from Registering any dogs in their name with UKC for one year up to life.
UKC reserves unto itself, in its sole judgment and discretion, the right to take such action and impose such sanctions as it deems appropriate.
1. DOG ELIGIBILITY: All United Kennel Club Registered Beagles, including Hunting Beagle Champions and Grand Hunting Beagle Champions, are eligible for running in this event. They will be drawn out together as one class. Registrant or certified handler must have in his/her possession the dog’s UKC Registration Certificate or UKC Easy Entry™ Card.
2. PLACEMENT REQUIREMENTS: Dog must have a total score of plus points and be a cast winner before being considered for placement. The ten winners will be selected from the top ten cast winners with a total score of plus points from both age divisions. Sponsors may award trophies, but no Championship points will be awarded to cast winners in the top ten having no plus points.
3. CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS: Championship Points will be awarded to cast winners with plus points as follows: a. Registered Dogs - 1st and 2nd place; 40 points and a 1st place win. 3rd through 10th place; 30 points. b. Hunting Beagle Champion Dogs - 1st through 3rd place; a win toward Grand Hunting Beagle Champion.
4. There will be a UKC Licensed Master of Hounds or Hunt Director in charge of each event. The host organization will be responsible for obtaining a UKC licensed Master of Hounds or Hunt Director. UKC’s Inherent Rights and Powers will also be applicable as required.
BENCH SHOW RULES
1. HANDLER ELIGIBILITY: Bench Show - One (1) age division: 5-17 years old. Handler may be required to present proof of age to the entry taker. Handler must be enrolled in school or have completed the requirements for graduation from high school.
2. Championship points are awarded for the Youth Bench Show in the same manner as with all UKC Licensed Bench Shows. A UKC Licensed Bench Show Judge is required. UKC Beagle Bench Show Rules apply to all licensed Youth Event bench shows. The height of show benches may be modified to accommodate youth handlers at the club’s discretion.
3. Dogs may not be entered in a Youth show and a regular UKC Licensed Bench Show hosted by the same club on the same day.
4. All handlers will be required to gait and handle the dog without assistance.
5. All UKC policies concerning entering dogs in UKC Licensed Events shall apply to the Youth Bench Shows.