United Kennel Club Announces the Re-Opening of American Pit Bull Terrier Single Registration
Posted on 07/17/2013 in Dog Events.
Kalamazoo, MI. July 15, 2013. The United Kennel Club announces that Single Registration for the American Pit Bull Terrier will re-open, effective July 15, 2013.
APBT Single Registration applications may be submitted for consideration only if the dog is registered with:
- - the AKC (American Kennel Club), (these dogs would be currently registered as American Staffordshire Terrier);
- the Canadian Kennel Club, (these dogs would be currently registered as an American Staffordshire Terrier);
- the ADBA (American Dog Breeders Association);
- any FCI affiliated registry;
- as well as dogs that are over one year of age that were never litter registered, but have two UKC permanently registered parents
If a dog is not registered with one of the above acknowledged registries, but both parents are, an application may be submitted for special consideration, along with copies of the parents’ Certified Pedigrees and/or Proof of Registration. The parents do not have to be registered with the same registry. One can be AKC and one can be ADBA, for example.
The APBT Single Registration form must be used to apply for UKC registration. It may be accessed at www.ukcdogs.com.
Established in 1898, the United Kennel Club is the largest all-breed performance-dog registry in the world, registering dogs from all 50 states and 25 foreign countries. More than 60 percent of its 15,500 annually licensed events are tests of hunting ability, training, and instinct. UNITED KENNEL CLUB prides itself on its family-oriented, friendly, educational events. To find out more about registration and events, call or visit our website. Phone: (269) 343-9020; www.ukcdogs.com.